Introducing the QB1-A - PMC’s newest large-scale reference studio monitor.
Introducing the QB1-A,: PMC’s newest large-scale studio monitor design, and a bold statement of the state of the art, the result of extensive customer research and innovative driver performance analyses based on opto-acoustic laser interferometry. This is a Class-D active ATL™ speaker with analogue and digital inputs, featuring exceptional electro-mechanical engineering finessed by DSP control, and immense headroom (4825W per channel) wedded to pinpoint dynamics for unparalleled speed, depth, accuracy and power.
With a maximum SPL of 132dB at one metre and a quartet of 10-inch carbon fibre/Nomex® piston bass drivers, the QB1-A can certainly produce level — but not at the expense of accuracy or increased distortion. The cutting-edge on-board DSP provides driver unit optimisation, EQ and sophisticated crossover networks, while the wired RJ45 desktop control provides user-friendly access to user EQ settings via its backlit display and jog wheel, with the ability to store up to four user setup presets. Even the physical dimensions have been carefully considered: at 1092 x 820 x 520 millimetres (WHD), the QB1-A will retrofit into almost all existing studio soffits. Thanks to its ATL™ design, free-standing use has no impact on its effortlessly smooth bass response. Whether soffit-mounted or not, the QB1-A delivers the transparency, resolution, extended frequency response and wide, consistent imaging demanded by the international audio elite.
- Available Finishes: Studio black, Colours POA
- Crossover Frequency: 380Hz & 3.8kHz
- H 820mm (32.2”)
- W 1092mm (42.9”)
- D 523mm (20.6”) (max depth)
- LF 4 x PMC carbon fibre/Nomex 250mm/10” piston driver
- MF PMC hand-built 75mm soft dome driver
- HF PMC 34mm soft dome tweeter with acoustic radiator
- Effective ATL™ Length: 2.7m 8.9ft
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-25kHz
- Impedance: Input Impedance 20k Bal
- Input Connectors: I/O - Balanced analogue input, digital AES3 input - Digital Input - AES3, 96kHz 24bit
- Sensitivity: Adjustable +4 to +20dBu
- Weight: 150kg (330lbs)
Amplifier Power per Channel:
- LF 2 x 2400Wrms
- MF 1 x 550Wrms
- HF 1 x 275Wrms