Building on the unique heritage and 25-year success of PMC’s BB5, the BB6 offers the same wide dynamic range and frequency response & 15-inch Radial™ bass driver.
Building on the unique heritage and 25-year success of PMC’s BB5, the BB6 offers the same wide dynamic range and frequency response, 15-inch Radial™ bass driver, unwavering tonal consistency at all output levels and high maximum SPL (up to 128dB) of its predecessor, but with the additional power and flexibility of PMC’s proprietary Class-D amplification and DSP control. Flat down to a truly profound 17Hz and extending to beyond the limits of human hearing at 25kHz, the BB6-A may be used in larger recording, mixing, mastering or outside broadcast applications, and is equally at home in a tower configuration or mounted in soffits — although soffit-mounting is not essential, as the ATL™ bass response is sufficient without the LF gain achieved by soffit-mounting.
As with the smaller MB3-A, the BB6-A can form part of a multi-channel loudspeaker system, for which the separate BB6-C-A is available. Subwoofers are not a necessity, as the BB6-A speakers already cover the 20-60Hz sub-bass range with plenty of headroom. Dedicated ‘PointOne’ LFE inputs are therefore included on each Power 1200 amplifer for use with multi-channel content, including film soundtracks.
- Type: 3-way ATL™ active reference monitor
- Frequency response: 17Hz-25kHz
- Power per channel: 3225W (HF 275W, MF 550W, LF 2400W)
- Effective ATL™ length: 4 metres
- Maximum SPL: 128dB
- Available Finishes: Studio black
- Crossover Frequency: 380Hz & 3.8kHz
- Dimensions: H 1040mm (40.9") x W 432mm (17") x D 790mm (31.1")
- LF - PMC 380mm (15-inch) Radial driver
- MF - PMC hand built 75mm soft-dome driver
- HF - PMC 34mm soft-dome tweeter with acoustic radiator
- Effective ATL™ Length: 4m (13ft)
- Frequency Response: 17Hz - 25kHz
- Impedance: Input Impedance 20k Bal
- Input Connectors: AES3, 24-bit, 96kHz
- Sensitivity: Adjustable +4 to +20dBu
- Weight: 73kg (161lbs) each
Amplifier Power per Channel:
- LF - 1 x 2400Wrms
- MF - 1 x 550Wrms
- HF - 1 x 275Wrms